What is a service project and why is it very important to complete your own as well as helping other fellow scouts complete theirs

 



                            Title- What is a Service project and what is so important about going to others and completing your own  

 

A service project is the second to last step a scout will undertake before they reach the rank of Eagle Scout. All prospective and eligible scouts who wish to attain the rank of Eagle Scout must plan and execute a service project. This project must be community-oriented, and it is not allowed to be a fundraiser and must be a nonprofit project. There are many benefits to attending a service project of one of your fellow scouts and completing the one you have in mind. I have been to and helped out with many service projects. Some of the service projects that I have helped with include building a new walkway at my community's nature center, helping tear down an old and dangerous playground at a specialized house with children who have different challenges, and many more. When it came time to do my Eagle Sout project, I looked into a group of WW1 veterans that had hopes of restoring the memorial plaques along as street near where I live. On that road, there were 19 plaques in need of replacement or restoration. I partnered with a local veteran and a restoration company. The planning process took months because I and my scout leaders had to get numerous city’s approval and it just happened to be during the pandemic. Then the day of the project arrived, me, my parents and sisters who are also scouts, my scoutmaster, and another scout and his dad worked from early in the morning into the early afternoon/ evening restoring or replacing the nineteen memorial plaquesHere is another suggestion, if you would like to have other scouts help out at your Eagle Scout project, then you should go to other scouts Eagle projects because this will give a positive impression on the younger and new scouts and they will help out when it comes time to complete your own Eagle Scout project. Any Eagle Scout project can be tedious and there can be a great deal of paperwork, phone conversations, and various other forms of paperwork that was required. How the project is executed is up to you and your parent's and scoutmaster’s discretion. Until COVID-19 took over, you could have food at your Eagle Scout project as a thank you to all the volunteers who showed up to help with your project. However, I did manage to complete my Eagle Scout project this January with the help of my parents, my sisters who are also scouts, a fellow scout and his dad, and my scoutmaster, and my veteran aide who helped me with this project tremendously. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did I become involved in scouting

Blog post 8